Casino

Adelaide Casino expansion to start next month, creating up to 800 ongoing jobs

Tuesday 22 de May 2018 / 14:14

⏱ 2 min read

(Australia).- A $330 million redevelopment of the Adelaide Casino will create up to 800 ongoing jobs upon its completion, SkyCity Adelaide says.

Adelaide Casino expansion to start next month, creating up to 800 ongoing jobs

Hansen Yuncken was on Monday announced as the builder of the project, which includes new gaming areas, a rooftop bar and a luxury hotel.


Work will begin next month.


The State Government gave the SkyCity Entertainment Group the go-ahead for the redevelopment last July.


Premier Steven Marshall said it would create jobs and grow the state's economy.


"Most importantly, it's going to give us better infrastructure and better facilities to attract interstate and overseas visitors to South Australia," Premier Steven Marshall said.


"[The new hotel] will equal the best in Australia, if not be above it for this type of facility."


Hansen Yuncken was part of a consortium that built the new Royal Adelaide Hospital.


It also undertook the first Adelaide Casino development in 1985.


State manager Mark Rosenboom said the latest project would involve 1,000 construction professionals over its life, and create 800 permanent jobs on completion.


He said Hansen Yuncken would "work predominately with local contractors and suppliers to construct and fit out the 12-level development".


Boost for South Australian tourism


Adelaide Casino general manager Luke Walker said he believed the expansion would create a "significant drawcard" for South Australia.


"The South Australian tourism industry has so much to offer interstate and international visitors, and the introduction of this new facility, complete with luxury hotel accommodation, outstanding food and beverage offerings and world-class entertainment spaces will help to attract high-end visitors to the vibrant Riverbank Precinct and to the state," Mr Walker said.


The start date for the project comes after a number of delays, with SkyCity Entertainment Group previously indicating the build would begin in mid-2016.


Hansen Yuncken and SkyCity Adelaide said construction was scheduled for completion in 2020.


As part of the approval process, the Independent Gaming Authority and State Government said they had made it "very clear" the casino would have to "have systems in place to identify and prevent problem gamblers from accessing premium gaming areas".


Mr Walker said those concerns were being addressed as part of the redevelopment.


"We have world-leading problem gambling services in place," he said.


"It's a full-time roster [of professionals], 24/7, to monitor and detect potential problems and we'll be expanding that team.


"There's two jobs being recruited currently."

Categoría:Casino

Tags: Sin tags

País: Australia

Event

PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026

17 de June 2026

ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.

Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00

Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.

Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00

LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.

Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00

SUSCRIBIRSE

Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos

Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.