Casino

The Star Sydney announces renewed casino restrictions on second Australian COVID-19 wave

Monday 27 de July 2020 / 08:14

⏱ 1 min read

(Sydney).- Star Entertainment Group has revealed new COVID-19 safety measures at flagship casino The Star Sydney which will see access prioritized for high value patrons and the main gaming floor separated into distinct zones to adhere with new restrictions introduced by the New South Wales state government last Friday.

The Star Sydney announces renewed casino restrictions on second Australian COVID-19 wave

The restrictions are a reaction to recent outbreaks of the virus in NSW, which has seen around 82 new cases over the past week.
Having only reopened its main gaming floor to a maximum of 5,000 patrons on 1 July, Star announced via an ASX filling that under the latest guidelines of the NSW public health order, each separate area within the casino is now subject to a maximum of 300 patrons, none of whom are allowed to mingle and are subject to a minimum four square meters of space per person.

The Star is implementing operating procedures which comply with the new restrictions, including the delineation of several separate areas utilizing the over 20,000 square meter casino floor area across The Star Sydney,” the company said.

“The restrictions mean that The Star Sydney will focus on prioritizing visitation by its highest value patrons.
Staffing levels will also be adjusted to address the new requirements.

Star said that when similar measures were previously in place from 19 to 30 June 2020 with a visitation capacity of 900, average daily slot and table gaming volumes were comparable with 1H20 private gaming room levels.

It was also announced last week that The Star Sydney would not reopen its poker room in 2020, with the Sydney Poker Championships, scheduled to start this week, and the WSOP International Circuit Sydney, set for late November, both cancelled.

Categoría:Casino

Tags: Sin tags

País: Australia

Event

PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026

17 de June 2026

ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.

Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00

Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.

Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00

LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.

Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00

SUSCRIBIRSE

Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos

Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.